The Plant Growth Regulation Society of America (PGRSA) has announced the keynote speakers for its 2014 PGRSA Annual Conference. The event is open to students, teachers, scientists, researchers, growers and crop consultants interested in developing better, more efficient and environmentally sound plant growth regulators. The Annual Conference consists of keynote presentations, as well as a diverse selection of oral and poster presentations from leading plant growth regulation researchers in the applied, basic and commercial fields. This year, the conference will be held jointly with the Japanese Society for the Chemical Regulation of Plants (JSCRP). The conference will be held July 13 - July 17, 2014 at the Hilton Hotel, San Francisco Financial District.
The 2014 PGRSA Annual Conference keynote speakers are as follows:
- Dr. Tadao Asami, The University of Tokyo, Perception Mechanism of Strigolactones and Approach for Agricultural Problems
- Dr. Hiroyuki Kasahara, Riken Center for Sustainable Resource Science, Auxin Biosynthesis and Inactivation Pathways in Plants
- Dr. Dean Kopsell, The University of Tennessee, Manipulations of Carotenoid Biosynthesis in Specialty Crops Using Unique PGRs
- Dr. Warren Shafer, Valent BioSciences, The Commercial Development of Aminoethoxyvinvylglycine (AVG) – A Historical Perspective
- Dr. Gary Vallad, The University of Florida, The Development and Utilization of Natural Products for Disease Management and Improving Crop Yield and Quality